'GLEE' EPISODE REVIEW: Showmance (NEW)

So, here is my second review, and it is off the successful musical dramedy show, 'Glee'. I already had an episode of the first episode up in the original place where I put the review. I may transfer it.


'Showmance' picked up where the pilot episode left-off, and I thought this episode was a little better. The plot centers around the two main triangles (that time) which are: Emma-Will-Terri & of course, Rachel-Finn-Quinn. The episode also develops the character really well. Terri Schuster is the type who lies and wants to impress, when she reveals to Will that they will have a baby boy, when she in fact, has hysterical pregnancy Note 1. Rachel Barry is quite unlikeable because of her attention-seeker attitude, but I'm just glad that the main character is not always goody-goody.

The episode as a whole, was very funny but lacked something that made the better episodes of Glee, well... better! Few parts were very boring and the Terri fake pregnancy storyline is just not my cup of tea. The story just drags on and on in each episode.

There were also some twists & turns. One of which Quinn, the arrogant and popular cheerleader, is actually the president of the celibacy club, which is kind of a well... a religion club. However, this turns out not to be quite shocking when Finn & Quinn, who are dating, just happens to find time to hang out during the club.

Sue Sylvester, the cheerleading captain, who justs wants New Directions to fall down and burn, continues to deliver the most hilarious lines of the episode.

Of course, last but definitely not the least, what about the songs the 'Glee' cast sang? Well, I thought that the songs in the episode wasn't really attention-grabbing. This isn't the episode where magic happens, like the first episode, when they sang "Don't Stop Believin'" It was just simply amazing. I thought the choreography on "Push It" and the singing was funny. Rachel tryin' to be all ghetto and stuff. They also sang "Gold Digger" by Kanye West, and R&B songs are just not my style. The best performance though was the 1-minute rendition of "I Say A Little Prayer" by the Cheerios Note 2

My favorite parts of the episode: 1.) Emma crying in her car, singing to "All By Myself". 2.) Jacob asking questions about girls. 3.) Quinn claiming that the sound of a balloon popping makes the angels cry. 4.) Sue overreacting on Rachel & Finn using the copy machine. 5.) The Cheerios team singing "I Say a Little Prayer".

SHOWMANCE RATING:

8.0

Well, I'll probably review some type of movie tomorrow, or game or another 'Glee' episode. And, Intrams are tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'm Team A or B. Yikes(?) Oh, and I definitely don't own the picture above. FOX does. Notes are below. Kawaii?

Note 1: Hysterical pregnancy, as explained in the show, is a type of pregnancy which actually isn't a pregnancy, but the mother wants a baby so bad, that symptoms for having a baby show-up.

Note 2: Cheerios is the name for the cheerleading squad of McKinley High School, where the whole tale takes place.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top