MOVIE REVIEW: Sydney White (NEW)

So, it's finally Saturday, which means I have all the time in the world to the whatever I want. I decided to watch the Amanda Bynes show, What I Like About You. (Look, I have nothing better to do) Ever since I got a new and not-broken DVD player, I've been watching this show nonstop! I am currently starting with the third season. I've decided to make two brand new reviews today. In spite of watching the show, I decided to make a movie, also starring Amanda as a main character, Sydney White.Let's get rolling! (The picture below was taken from Wikipedia)


In my opinion, this movie was just great! I actually watched this movie for like, four times, and still managed to enjoy every single bit. Well, maybe not every single bit.

The main plot is basically a parody of Snow White, but better! Sydney tries to be in a sorority group when her mom, who passed away, was on that group. However, the sorority leader, Rachel, thinks of her as disgusting, and doesn't allow her in the sorority. With this, Sydney suddenly is living in the Seven Dorks' house, and she convinces the Dorks to run for school council. (or something like that)

There are lots of positive things to tell about this movie, and one thing is, it is very funny. Almost every scene, I was laughing my guts out. The acting is also very well-done, and to be honest, I don't know much about the people here, except for of course, Amanda Bynes and Sara Paxton. Maybe Matt Long to some extent. So, it's really good for me to be blown-away by the actors/actresses. I also liked that the movie stayed true to the original story, and they delivered it in a "modern" way. Yes, it stayed truer to the story more than Twilight. Yes, I was forced to watch the movie, and I did a background-search on the book, and wow. Although, I do admit that they overdid the whole "staying true to the story" thing. Rachel Witchburn? Tyler Prince?

So of course, in every good movie,there are always negatives. Well, Sydney White isn't any different from one of those good movies. Starting from the most shallow, Amanda is so orange in this movie, and she is still orange u p to this day. Anyway, since that didn't suck that much about the movie, let me tell you that some of the Dorks are just plain annoying. Well, if that's what they're supposed to do, then they did a pretty good job. I also thought that the "poison apple" part in the movie was plain weird. I thought that this was the weakest part overall, but I still appreciate the fact that they attempted to put in the apple in a 21st century way.

Overall, the movie is just plain great for a chick flick, and if you aren't a fan of these types of movies, I recommend you borrow a copy of the DVD from a friend since this movie is not for everyone. The ending, I'm not going to spoil, but it was really good and inspiring. (well, I didn't spoil much about this movie, but whatever)

SYDNEY WHITE SCORE:

8.8

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top