'GLEE' EPISODE REVIEW: Wheels (NEW)

So, I'm sorry that I wasn't able to make reviews for like... a week. So, Gleefest is going to be moved and to start it all off, let's review the newest and latest episode of Glee: Wheels!


The plot of the episode revolves around one of the most underrated person in the show, Artie! When Mr. Schue sees that Artie is unappreciated, he orders everyone in the club to go in school, also riding a wheelchair. The other plots are really well-written and this episode is probably my favorite so far! If you don't want this episode spoiled, better not read! (Or scroll down until you see Final Verdict, which is a no-spoiler conclusion)

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

The main plot probably gave way for the sub-plots to come in. My favorite sub-plot that I was longing for and was hoping that would last much longer is the romance plot between Tina and Artie. However, this relationship didn't last much longer when quite a shocker was sent out by Tina, when she reveals that she actually doesn't have a stutter, and just faking it. Artie feels betrayed about this, and he just leaves Tina there. Wow! I was really impressed in this scene, although I was a little sad that the Tina-Artie relationship was gone after its 30-second run. I really felt sorry for both parties but I guess the actors did a hell of a great job!

Another sub-plot that I enjoyed thoroughly was the Finn-Quinn-Puck love triangle (which is kind of an epilogue towards the Rachel-Puck-Quinn triangle last time.) The part I enjoyed the most was the food fight, which I thought was funny, and a little cute. I do like that Quinn is leaning towards Puck, since I feel that they're just right for each other. The weakest part of this plot was the fight between Finn & Quinn about the former not having a job. That was just a new low for the both of them, but I guess it did set-up Puck's "kindness".

The sub-plot I was not too fond-off but had no problem at all, was the "Diva-Off" between Kurt and Rachel, who are vying for the lead at a song from Wicked, Defying Gravity. I thought that Kurt's dad still manages to be a good character and the scenes with him and his son were genius. Of course, the peak of the plot was the tension-rising sing-off, and Kurt intentionally sabotages his chances (with not hitting the 'high F'), after he chooses that his relationship with his dad was more important.

The last and really minor plot was Sue, after being forced to hold try-outs for a spot at the cheerleading squad, puts Becky, who has a syndrome, into the Cheerios. (Yes, this is Sue. Sue Sylvester!) Will becomes paranoid and thinks that Sue is up to something. He has suffered from extreme paranoia when he finds out that Sylvester got three more people with disabilities into her squad. (Yup, still Sue!) I was also pretty surprised about this revelation and was in Will's side in this one, but when the final scene of this plot went by... wow! It was revealed that Sue's sister also suffers from the same syndrome as Becky. I am so glad that Glee decided to not make Sue the always-evil person seen in animated TV shows. I really felt for Sue and man, I wonder how Will will react when he finds out!

The best moments of the episode in my opinion are: 1.) Quinn & Puck's food fight 2.) Cast's rendition of 'Proud Mary' 3.) Britney raising her left hand instead of her right 4.) Tina confessing to Artie 5.) Sue rejecting Mercedes, Kurt, wrestling girl & Jacob 6.) Puck getting some addiction drugs from Sandy, and putting it in the cupcakes, and still is able to call himself a family man

*FINAL VERDICT*

All I got to say is, WOW! Glee really shined this week. After not showing a new episode for two straight weeks, I was really excited and it didn't disappoint! Maybe there were a few factors that I didn't enjoy, such as Mercedes almost not having lines in the whole episode, but this is a must-watch in my opinion! My major complaint though, is the lack of musical numbers, and I think we only had two performances, which were equally short.

The actors & actresses continue to shine, and they deliver a better performance every time, whether singing or acting. Although Jessalyn (Terri Schuster) is not in this episode, I am very glad, since the faux pregnancy was not included at all! I also heard that dancing 'Proud Mary' in wheelchairs was not that easy, and I give major props to the cast for that. And not injuring their heads.

And the final score of Wheels is...

OVERALL SCORE:

9.0

Final Thought: An overall excellent episode to an excellent show

So, Gleefest will continue, leading-up to the next episode. Although of course, that doesn't mean that I'm only going to craft Glee reviews. Today was an overall great day in school! Our teachers finally restrained from scolding my class. And that is a rare case, people! Homework today is outrageous! Well, we only got three of them (I accomplished one in school) but I really hate homeworks. Well, actually, one of them is a quiz, but its deadline is tomorrow so... it's useless. Speaking of the day after today, tomorrow is a Friday, and I'm gonna watch me some Amanda Bynes with What I Like About You. Oh, and just to remind y'all, tomorrow is Friday the 13th! By the way, I don't own the picture above. It is owned by TV.Com/Fox. Well, ciao.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top