'GLEE' EPISODE REVIEW: Acafellas (NEW)

It's another day and that means: another review. Let's go back to Glee land and take a look at the third episode, Acafellas. Remember, this is Glee week plus three! All week long, a review related to the show will be posted. Well, I bet that if this show becomes famous here, people will ignore it and probably make fun of it. So, my rank for Glee right now is a "guilty pleasure". So moving on...


So, this episode was probably the worst episode of all. I'm not a fan at all of the main plot, which involves Mr. Will Schuster forming an acapella group with his co-workers. The main sub-plot, I was not too keen about it, but it is watchable.

Continued from the previous episode, the faux pregnancy of the one and only Terri Schuster plot is back. I really do hate this plot since it's just weird and... annoying. There are more character development and although the plots are bland, the jokes are funny. You see, Glee is a very quotable series. I can easily pick my favorite lines and have some chuckle while I type it.

With the Cheerios attempting to destroy the club altogether, they order Rachel to tell Will his dancing sucks. Will was offended by this remark and form a group, which becomes famous. Although Rachel apologizes later on, Will decides to take some time off of the glee club. So, as the cheerleaders planned, they hire Dakota Stanley, a great choreography of Vocal Adrenaline Note 1 .

The plots are all piled into one right now, and it's very confusing. There was this Kurt-Mercedes plot which I enjoyed a lot. Quinn, Santana and Britney tell Mercedes that Kurt might have some feelings for her. With this, Mercedes hangs out with Kurt more, and I'll leave it at that.

Honestly, I have nothing much to say about this episode because I actually thought this was a bad episode. We didn't learn new things that much about the characters. I guess though, that at least the faculty members are getting more screen-time, but no. Just no. The ending with Josh Groban was actually funny and creepy at the same time.

The plots overall, were not that good and I wish that they could've done better. I know that the writers have the potential to make magical episodes. I guess everyone has a bad day. I give praise once again to the cast's singing and acting, but Cory Monteith (Finn Hudson) really need some work on his dancing. That boy can't dance for his life. Well, I'm sure I can't do better, so I'll give him that one. Sandy is just very funny, in a creepy kind of way. Jane Lynch (Sue) continues to give the best performance for the episode, and whoever writes her lines does a heck of a job and Lynch's delivering is sprinkles on the ice-cream.

The songs that were sung, I don't really know that much. I do know that Amber (Mercedes) did a hell of great job on singing 'Bust Your Windows'. It was kind of... overreacting, but nevertheless, I still thoroughly enjoyed her performance. The dance routine of the cheerleaders were also nice and they were eye-candy. Another performance I enjoyed was 'Mercy' by Vocal Adrenaline, but it was too short.

With all that in mind, the overall score of Acafellas is...

OVERALL SCORE:

6.6

Final Thought: An episode that could be a lot better, but just fell short

That concludes my fourth review! Today in school was good. I finally changed seats. It's lonely though during Math and English because all the people in my row are MAGIS Note 2 . (no, I did not choose that seat! I actually preferred not to be not that near from the MAGIS people since I have non-MAGIS pride) I still think that the expository paragraph is torture. And weekend homework.

Note 1: Vocal Adrenaline is the name of New Direction's rival, which is also a show choir and their choreography is composed by Dakota.

Note 2: MAGIS people are basically smart people. They are not with us during English & Math since they have more advanced study.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top